Limestone is one of the building materials that is frequently used in the construction industry. This sedimentary rock contains large amounts of the compound called calcium carbonate, as well as small amounts of other minerals such as pyrite, feldspar, quartz, and more. For thousands of years, the use of limestone as a building material has been very common. Some of the most iconic architectural wonders that are made of limestone include the Megalithic Temples of Malta, the Great Pyramid of Giza, the Empire State Building, and the Flatiron Building in New York.
The modern construction industry now uses a variation of this versatile building material called liquid limestone. Liquid limestone is a type of concrete made up of a mixture of cement, limestone, and some additives. What sets liquid limestone apart is its components. White cement is used instead of the typical grey Portland cement. In regular concrete, the aggregate is made up of crushed gravel and sand, but crushed limestone is used in its liquid counterpart (hence its name). The ratio of white cement, crushed limestone, and the additive mix depend on the specialty concrete provider.
Liquid limestone is typically used in outdoor applications, such as poolsides, pathways, patios, driveways, and garages. But there are instances when liquid limestone is poured indoors—a testament to this compound’s versatility. It is ideal for residential or commercial settings. But whether it’s for a residential or commercial property, indoor or outdoor, liquid limestone has a lot of benefits.
* Liquid limestone is an affordable option if you decide to have your driveway, patio, or poolside paved. Limestone, its key component, has a relatively stable local supply, making it less expensive compared to other construction materials. Although this type of material is more expensive than your regular concrete, you still get more value because of its durability. This material is perfect for your property if you’re on a tight budget.
* As mentioned above, a liquid limestone flooring is hard-wearing, making it perfect for outdoor applications. There’s no need to worry that liquid limestone will crack under pressure if you own a heavy SUV or you want to park a large truck on the driveway every day. This material has been proven to withstand heavy objects without cracking, and will not erode even in high-traffic areas. It can withstand extreme heat and rain, making it perfect as a poolside or spa flooring.
* Summers in the country are notoriously scorching. If you have a regular concrete flooring in your poolside right now, you always dread the moment when you have to sprint from the cool comfort of your house to the pool because the hot concrete blisters your feet. You can say goodbye to all that when you have a liquid limestone floor as it remains cool even in the middle of a hot summer day.
* Liquid limestone is well-known for its versatility. It’s perfect for pathways, patios, driveways, and poolside. Many owners of commercial properties also choose this material when they’re building al fresco dining areas, resorts, and spas. Homeowners and commercial property owners also have options when it comes to colour. It is available in different shades of warm beige and cool yet elegant grey. Like regular concrete, your technician can also stencil different patterns on it to give a nice texture.
* If you’re the type of person who doesn’t want to spend most of his weekends cleaning the house, then liquid limestone is for you. Simply sweep or vacuum dust, leaves, and other debris from its surface and you’re good to go. If soil and other stains have embedded deeply onto its surface and they can’t be removed with just a broom, a good powerwash will do the job.
* Liquid limestone takes your property’s aesthetics to a whole new level. It looks effortlessly elegant so you can say goodbye drab grey concrete or brick pathways that give your home a rustic look. If you don’t have the time, the energy, or the money to care for a lawn, then a front yard covered entirely in liquid limestone is a good option. It can even be a practical choice as you don’t need to spend hours under the sun weeding or rectifying brown patches in the lawn.